Anyone who's celebrated Independence Day in Huntington Beach knows one certain thing: We pull out all the stops for the Fourth of July. In fact, our parade has been entertaining since 1904 and reigns as the biggest march of its kind west of the Mississippi. Additionally, our nearly 30-minute fireworks show at the pier will draw an estimated 300,000 spectators this Friday. Given the upcoming good times, locals should plan ahead on account of the crowds and road closures. We're here to help.
Parade Quick Facts
- Theme: Waves Of Freedom
- Time: 10 a.m.-noon
- Route: Starts at PCH and 9th Street, turns left on Main Street, ends just after Yorktown Avenue.
Parade Route Map
Fireworks Quick Facts
- Time: 9-9:30 p.m.
- Location: Huntington Beach Pier
- Numbers: 1,300 rounds of fireworks; 300,000 spectators
July 4th Road Closure/Detour Map
Transportation Quick Facts
- Parking: If riding your bicycle to downtown HB is out of the question, allow plenty of time to find parking! Beach Boulevard & PCH is the only available entrance to Municipal Beach lots on July 4th; $25 flat rate. Main Street Promenade Parking Structure (off 3rd Street between Walnut Avenue and Olive Avenue) is another nearby option; $27 flat rate. Of course, there's always metered parking and non-metered street parking.
- Shuttles: There are two free shuttle options on July 4th. The Surf City Downtown Shuttle will run about every 30 minutes from HB City Hall (Main and Yorktown) to the shuttle stop at Main and Orange from 1-10 p.m. The last departure from downtown is 9:45 p.m. Parking at City Hall is free for shuttle riders. A second shuttle will run about every 30 minutes from the Goldenwest Transportation Center (7301 Center Avenue) to Main and Orange from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 p.m. The last departure from downtown is 11 p.m. More shuttle information is available at the Huntington Beach Parade website.
- Taxis + Ride-Sharing: Three transportation companies at your service on July 4th are Ride RedCar OC (855-9NO-DUIS), Fat Taxi ( 714-FAT-TAXI), and HB Free Rides (714-316-6053). Don't forget about ride-sharing companies Uber and Lyft.
HB Beach Parking Map
HB Downtown Parking Map
The official 110th Huntington Beach 4th of July Celebration website shares a host of helpful tips, including details on parking, viewing, planning ahead and holiday weekend events. Follow the fun on Facebook too.